Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Family Time

Hi followers of my blog! 

I just thought I would do a bit of writing tonight and let you know what's going on in the Pass household. Tonight we started doing something that I have been looking forward to for months! It all started back when we were kids. When Matthew, Alannah and I were kids (we never were little), we would always take time together as a family to read at night. We would read a chapter or so every night.

Anyway, a couple of months ago I got thinking about it, and thought that it would be a nice thing to start up again. You see, it is so easy for everyone to get going their separate ways, and never really spend time together as a family. So for us, we have 5 books picked out, and though it will take a long time to get through them all, we are going to have fun with it. 

There are so many people who lament the fact that their families are not closer. Sometimes it takes a determination to make sure that you will set aside time for your family no matter what life brings your way. I know that I do enjoy spending time with my family, and this is just another way that we can do so. Maybe reading isn't your thing, but in my humble opinion, everyone should determine to spend time with their family, and don't let anything get in the way of that. Don't let TV consume your time, or work, or gyms or anything else. God needs to be first in our lives, and family needs to be second. Everything else can come afterwards. 

Just a thought.

1 comment:

  1. I love our reading time and am looking forward to reading all the books. love you.

    ReplyDelete