Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What is Worth Having...

I'm sure you all know the olde saying, "What is worth having is worth waiting for." It is so true! The best things in life ARE worth waiting for. Oh, the wait may not be fun at times, and there will be times that you may wonder if you will ever find what you have waited for, but if you will trust in the Lord, He will give you the desires of your heart as it says in Psalm 37:4.

I love the account that is recorded in Genesis 29 of Jacob waiting for Rachel. The short version is this: Jacob made a deal that if he would work for Laban for seven years, Rachel would be given to him to be his wife. We know of course that Laban tricked Jacob and became the cause of much pain and frustration by giving Leah to Jacob as his wife instead of Rachel whom he loved. Jacob worked another seven years before Rachel was given to him as his wife.

The thing that always sticks out to me is verse 20 which says, "So Jacob worked for seven years to acquire Rachel. But they seemed to him as only a few days because his love for her was so great." What is worth having, who is worth having is worth waiting for. I have waited my whole life to be with the one that God had planned for me. Yes, I went off in my own way a couple of times and was hurt, but it was all for a purpose.

While the song was over used a few years back, I love the song that says simply, "God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you". We all have our trials that we face, and sometimes the road we journey down is rough, broken and hard to travel, but it is always worth it in the end. I am so glad that I didn't give up, and that I waited for the one that I love. I am so glad that God brought us together.

I am so glad that I waited for Laverne, and that in two weeks we will be together again. We will begin a life together and not have to be separated by so much distance. She is truly worth waiting for! I encourage any who are out there waiting, to stay strong and wait because it will be worth it. God always has a plan in place for us, and if you wait for His plan, you will find joy and love unlike anything else that is out there.

God bless!

1 comment: