Friday, January 13, 2012

I Saw the Lord!

Isaiah 6:1-5 says, "In the year that King Uzziah died I then saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and His train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphs; each one had six wings; with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 


And one cried to another, and said, 'Holy, holy, holy, is [the LORD] of Hosts; the whole earth full of His glory.' And the doorposts moved at the voice of the one who cried, and the house was filled with smoke. Then I said, 'Woe is me! For I am undone; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, [the LORD] of Hosts.'"

This is such an amazing passage of Scripture! This won't be a long blog post, but can you imagine how we would all live, act and think if we truly saw the Lord like this? What would our response be? Would we cry out like Isaiah and be afraid of our sin or uncleanness? Or instead would we fall down and worship Him?

Would we recognize the Lord if we saw Him or would we attempt to reason to bring logical conclusions what our eyes were seeing? I'm reminded of the part of C.S. Lewis's "The Magician's Nephew." This is not verbatim by any means but long story short, the "Magician" Uncle Andrew, sees Aslan the Lion (representative of Christ) creating all the world by singing. He reasons to himself over and over again, "Lions can't sing. All I hear is the Lion roaring."

He does this until all he can hear is roaring of a lion instead of the song of the Lion. If we saw the Lord high and lifted up, would we truly recognize our God or would we just chalk it up to "the roaring of a lion?"

If you seek the Lord honestly, then you will find Him. When you encounter Him, allow yourself to be changed by the meeting with Almighty God. Don't just hear "the roaring of a lion."

God bless you as you seek His face!

Benjamin Pass

No comments:

Post a Comment